The appropriate time for backpacking to Moc Chau by motorbike is coming. The distance from Hanoi to Moc Chau is not far so you can choose a suitable tour or visit the place by motorbike. From mid-November, when traveling to Moc Chau, you will be immersed in the immense beauty of the cauliflower blossom fields.
Time to backpack to Moc Chau
Moc Chau is known for many kinds of beautiful flowers. The winter (from October to January) is the season of cauliflowers and wild sunflowers. In spring (February and March), there will be plums flowers, peach blossom and white plum flowers.
Around April and August: The climate is much cooler than Hanoi. Despite no flowers, you can visit Moc Chau to enjoy the plum and peach fruits (April – June).
All seasons are so beautiful with colorfully blooming flowers. For those who like go sightseeing the cauliflowers and sun wildflowers, the late October to late November is the most ideal time for a trip to Moc Chau.
Two to three days are enough for you to backpack to Moc Chau by motorbike for sightseeing.
What will you prepare for backpacking trip to Moc Chau by motorbike?
Clothing: The weather in Moc Chau is very special with 4 seasons in a day. In those days of March to August, it can be sunny in daytime, but in the afternoon and night it is cold. So, you should bring both warm and cool clothes. It is best to choose the lighter and airy outfit because you will have to move much. Depending on the season you will visit Moc Chau, you will bring thick clothes, or just long-sleeved ones.
Personal items: tents, personal items…
Drugs: medicine for common sickness such as insect repellent, stomachache, flu; bandages, gauze in case of unexpected situations.
Money: You should bring from 1 to 1.5 million VND for all meals, petrol, accommodation and other expenses. The more the group is, the less the expense costs.
Camera: a camera or a phone with good camera, memory cards and rechargeable backup battery
The roads for backpacking to Moc Chau by motorcycle from Hanoi
It will take you 4 or 5 hours to drive in case of no break. If you take photos on the way to Moc Chau, the time may be up to 6 hours.
There are two roads to drive on Highway 6:
– Go straight along Nguyen Trai Street, Thanh Xuan (towards Ha Dong) or along Lang Hoa Lac Street. Then, continue driving on Highway 6 (see figure). Most roads are straight, but there are some junctions: the first one of turning to Hoa Binh hydropower plant and one more turning (one direction to Thanh Hoa and the other is to Moc Chau). You had better stop to ask for direction to Moc Chau when driving to the junction to save time.
– Direction from central Hanoi to Ha Dong, Xuan Mai. You just go straight and skip the junctions when driving on the roads. When driving to Xuan Mai – Hoa Binh, you will continue the trip along Highway 6 to go though Cao Phong and Mai Chau. After you drive to Tan Lac, you will turn to a sloppy pass. At the end of the pass, you will go through the “flagpole”, the center of Mai Chau District. From the flagpole, you can see everything down in the district with the hills of white Bauhinia variegate.
Moc Chau Tourism Map
Beautiful places to visit in Moc Chau
Because of backpacking to Moc Chau by motorbike, you can go anywhere, eat what you like and take photos anytime. Here are some famous places in Moc Chau you should not miss:
+ Pa Kha Village and Long Luong Village on Highway 6
+ In the central area of district such as the Bat Cave, pine forests of Ang Village, Orchid Gardens, strawberries or Dai Yem Waterfall…
+ From the Moc Chau farm, there are Moc Chau dairy company and Tea Company. You can gaze at green tea hills and take photos of vast grasslands
+ From your farm town, you ask for direction to Tan Lap, where there are a heart-shaped tea hills and the fields of cauliflowers, wild sunflowers, peach blossom and plum blossom. This place can be regarded as the most beautiful green road when it comes the season of cauliflowers and plum blossom.
+ Phieng Canh Village is stunning with plum flowers and purple wild flowers as well as the beautiful scenery on all roads.
Moc Chau specialties
Spring fish, stewed buffalo meat, veal, yellow taro
Places you go shopping when backpacking to Moc Chau
– Shopping area 1: junction 73 (near Moc Chau town)
– Shopping area 2: Sector 32, Bo bun
– Shopping area 3: junction 70
– Shopping area 4: Sector Chieng Di
Notices for traveling by motorcycle to Moc Chau
Ideally, you should pour full tank of gasoline and fulfill it when it nearly runs out of the petrol. You have to refuel 2 times for 200-kilometer road to Moc Chau.
There are many parts of winding roads and dangerous steep mountain pass so you should be careful with a moderate speed.
Do not drink and speed up too much
Bring enough money for the trip
You should not make noises and arbitrarily visit the landscape and ethnic people’s houses. Remember to contact the head of the village before visit.
Finally you should well prepare everything and get ready to Moc Chau.